Last Updated: November 23, 2020
Fall 2020 Finals
As you prepare to wrap up your semester, we wish to offer you our continued support for your academic success.
Campbell Library will remain open as planned throughout the remainder of the semester. You can check our hours to plan your study time. We will be closed for Thanksgiving break beginning at 2:00 pm on Wednesday, November 25th. We will reopen at 11:00 am on Sunday, November 29th.
Study rooms are still available for a max of two students per room. Computer labs are available with limited space. Pickup services for materials are also available. And you always have access to our online content. That includes all of our eBooks, online journals, databases, and other streaming/electronic materials.
Please know that, if additional restrictions are implemented by the University or the state, we are prepared to adapt and continue our services.
We wish you best of luck on your finals and a happy, healthy holiday season.
Interim Associate Provost
Rowan University Libraries
Campbell Library is open for studying, using desktop computers, and picking up books.
Campbell Library reopened with modified services and hours. Access is limited to Rowan students, faculty, and staff with Rowan ID. Our schedule is subject to change. Hours have been adjusted to allow for additional cleaning time overnight.
While our services at Campbell Library are limited, you can still enjoy our spaces, including study rooms and socially distanced computer workstations. Technology lending services are not available.
Everyone is required to wear a face covering.
Through the fall 2020 semester, students, faculty, staff must wear face coverings in all Rowan buildings. Signage has been installed to encourage social distancing. See the university’s Return to Rowan website for more details on policies and procedures to help ensure health and safety during this time.
For your safety...
- Plexiglass was installed for the safety of both patrons and staff.
The borrowing process has changed.
- We highly recommend using the new Library Pickup Service. Faculty, staff, and students can pick up books and other materials with minimal contact. Here’s what you need to know.
- We will also have a contactless in-person check-out option: students will swipe their own card, desensitize the book, and staff can scan the book through plexiglass.
Building is limited to 25% capacity, as long as we are in Phase 2.
- Our study rooms have a capacity of two students. You can reserve a study room in advance.
- Room 138: Closed until further notice.
- Rooms 218 & 219: Limited number of desktop stations for social distancing.
- 2nd Floor Computer Area: Closed until further notice
- One printer is available on the 2nd floor. You must have your Rowan ID.
- Scanners are available on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- Copier is not available.
- Course reserves: Although physical reserves are not currently available, we are working with professors to provide alternative options.
- Patrons can return items via the book drop or by mailing them to Campbell Library.
- Interlibrary Loan (Illiad and EZ Borrow): Although these services are available, they may be limited. Many requests may be delayed or unfulfilled. Currently, articles and book chapters can be delivered electronically. Questions? Contact email@example.com
- Courtesy loans such as school supplies, erasers, markers will not be available.
- Laptops, headphones and other technology loans will not be available for this semester.
- The Current Periodicals have been moved to the 3rd floor. Please ask at the Info Desk for help in locating a specific item.
- Water Bottle Fillers are still available, but Water Fountains have been disconnected for your safety.
- No Food or Drink are allowed in Campbell Library until further notice.
Some spaces are not open, but you can still get help from specialists.
- The Digital Scholarship Center is temporarily closed. Please contact Mike Benson, firstname.lastname@example.org, Digital Scholarship Center Coordinator.
- The Performing Arts Collection is open and items are available for lending. For information contact the Performing Arts Librarian, Bret McCandless (email@example.com), or Performing Arts Collection Associate, Laura Daniels (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- University Archives and Special Collections is available by appointment only, with limited access for classes and research. For questions or appointments, please contact Sara Borden, email@example.com, Head of Archival Collections & Services.
- The RCA Heritage Museum is closed, but can provide limited virtual services by contacting Rich Reindl, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Writing Center will be closed for in-person services, but virtual services are available. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Contact a Librarian or Staff Member
- Chat is available on our website, Ask-a-Librarian, and Library Search
- Email questions or search our FAQs
- Request a research consultation with one of our Subject Librarian
- Library Instruction via Webex or other video instruction platforms: Request a Library Instruction Session
- To contact additional library staff use our Staff Directory
- Technical support is also available via firstname.lastname@example.org