February 1, 2013
Libraries:University Libraries, Campbell Library
Volunteer Income Tax Assistance [VITA] services will be available in room 136 of Campbell Library through April 10, 2013 on the following days:
- Tuesdays: 9 a.m. – 1p.m.
- Wednesdays: 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
*week of spring break (March 18-22) excluded
Two Saturday dates will also be available:
- Saturday, February 23: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Students will assist with basic income tax return preparation for students, senior citizens, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with low incomes. The VITA site also offers electronic filing.
Those requiring assistance need to bring or provide the following:
- Photo identification (valid driver’s license or other government-issued ID)
- Valid Social Security cards for the taxpayer, spouse and dependents
- Birthdates for primary, secondary and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements from all employers (Forms W-2, W-2G and 1099-R)
- Interest and dividend statements (Form 1099)
- A copy of their prior year's federal and state returns
- Bank routing numbers and account numbers for direct deposit
- Other relevant information about income and expenses
- Total amount paid for daycare; daycare provider’s identifying number