Access to the library
Per NJ state mandate, all libraries in the state remain closed until further notice.
Returning checked-out items & due dates
We have extended due dates for all patrons until the library reopens. When the library reopens all checked-out materials will be due and patrons with checked-out items will be notified to return them. Fines will not be assessed for overdue items while the library is closed, and overdue notices have been suspended until the library reopens.
Virtual reference services
RowanSOM librarians are available to answer questions and literature search requests through our Ask-a-Librarian e-mail service as well as via chat. Librarians are also available using WebEx for live consultations.
Chat is available:
Monday – Friday, 9am to 5pm
The librarians monitor Ask a Librarian email seven days a week. You can usually expect a reply within a few hours on weekdays and within 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
Remote access to resources
Rowan-and RowanSOM-affiliated users have 24/7 access to online databases, ebooks, ejournals, streaming videos, and other content from off-campus. See the FAQ How can I get off-campus or remote access to e-resources for more information. For additional assistance, questions or problems with remote access please email Librarysupport@rowan.edu.
- Medical databases and resources
- Required and Recommended Textbooks and Resources for RowanSOM and GSBS Students
- Ebooks by medical subject
- Online board review collections
Inter-library loan services
We continue to provide articles requested through Inter-Library loan. Requests for books cannot be made at this time. You can submit requests for book chapters, but we cannot guarantee that they can be obtained.
Select library guides
- Clerkship Resources - Online cases, review question banks, procedure videos and more
- Clinical Skills – Brush up, or learn new skills useful during clinical rotations
- Copyright – Helpful information, tools, and resources on navigating copyright
- Linking to Library Resources - Create stable, durable links to licensed resources that work from home.
- Multimedia - Interactive cases, streaming videos, animations, atlases, image banks and more
- Telemedicine - Resources for telemedicine/telehealth
- Users Aids and Tutorials – Help using library resources, computers, web conferencing tools, and more
- All RowanSOM Subject Guides – Quality, authoritative resources, tools, and websites selected by librarians.