RowanSOM Health Sciences Library Hours
The RowanSOM Library is open with limited occupancy and restrictions. Please see the news announcement for more information.
Monday - Thursday, 8am - 9pm
Friday, 8am - 5pm
The Library is closed on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day.
Due to COVID-19 guidelines and staffing availabilty hours are subject change. Any changes to library hours will be posted to the library homepage.
Returning checked-out items & due dates
The RowanSOM Library is re-opening on July 13. We have extended due dates for all patrons with checked-out items, but patrons are required to return items now that the RowanSOM Library is re-opening. Fines have not been assessed while the library is closed. Patrons with checked-out items will be notified shortly when items must be returned by if they want to avoid fines and other penalties.
Virtual reference services
RowanSOM Librarians are available to answer questions and literature search requests through our Ask-a-Librarian e-mail service, and are available for live consultation through WebEx. Library staff are also available through chat.
Chat is available:
Monday – Thursday, 8:30am to 8:30pm
Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
The librarians monitor Ask a Librarian email seven days a week. You can usually expect a reply within a few hours on weekdays and within 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
Remote access to resources
Rowan-and RowanSOM-affiliated users have 24/7 access to online databases, ebooks, ejournals, streaming videos, and other content from off-campus. See the FAQ How can I get off-campus or remote access to e-resources for more information. For additional assistance, questions or problems with remote access please email Librarysupport@rowan.edu.
- Medical databases and resources
- Required and Recommended Textbooks and Resources for RowanSOM and GSBS Students
- Ebooks by medical subject
- Online board review collections
Inter-library loan services
We continue to provide articles requested through Inter-Library loan. Requests for books cannot be made at this time. You can submit requests for book chapters, but we cannot guarantee that they can be obtained.
Select library guides
- Clerkship Resources - Online cases, review question banks, procedure videos and more
- Clinical Skills – Brush up, or learn new skills useful during clinical rotations
- Copyright – Helpful information, tools, and resources on navigating copyright
- Linking to Library Resources - Create stable, durable links to licensed resources that work from home.
- Multimedia - Interactive cases, streaming videos, animations, atlases, image banks and more
- Telemedicine - Resources for telemedicine/telehealth
- Users Aids and Tutorials – Help using library resources, computers, web conferencing tools, and more
- All RowanSOM Subject Guides – Quality, authoritative resources, tools, and websites selected by librarians.