The RowanSOM Library is open with limited occupancy and restrictions. Occupancy is limited to 60 people and masks must be worn at all times.
Please pay attention to all signage and directions of library staff. Only sit where permitted to maintain social distanacing and do not congregate in groups. The library is throughly cleaned each day. Hand santizier and cleaning supplies are also available in the library to clean a desk, table, or seat if a student wishes.
Food and snacks of any kind are not permitted to be consumed while in the library. Beverages may be consumed in the library but masks must be worn between sips.
Monday - Thursday, 8am - 9pm
Friday, 8am - 5pm
The library is CLOSED on Saturdays and Sundays
Due to COVID-19 guidelines and staffing availabilty hours are subject change. Any changes to library hours will be posted to the library homepage. RowanSOM or GSBS ID is required to enter the Academic Center and the library at all times.
Virtual reference services
RowanSOM Librarians are available to answer questions and literature search requests through our Ask-a-Librarian e-mail service, and are available for live consultation through WebEx. Library staff are also available through chat.
Chat is available:
Monday – Thursday, 8:30am to 8:30pm
Friday - 8:30am to 4:30pm
The librarians monitor Ask a Librarian email seven days a week. You can usually expect a reply within a few hours on weekdays and within 24 hours on weekends and holidays.
Remote access to resources
Rowan-and RowanSOM-affiliated users have 24/7 access to online databases, ebooks, ejournals, streaming videos, and other content from off-campus. See the FAQ How can I get off-campus or remote access to e-resources for more information. For additional assistance, questions or problems with remote access please email Librarysupport@rowan.edu.
- Medical databases and resources
- Required and Recommended Textbooks and Resources for RowanSOM and GSBS Students
- Ebooks by medical subject
- Online board review collections
Print collections, models, and other physical items
The Library will clean reserve materials and study aids when they are returned. The library has obtained a book sanitizing device and books are sanitized in the machine before being reshelved.
Inter-library loan services
We continue to provide articles requested through Inter-Library loan. Requests for books cannot be made at this time. You can submit requests for book chapters, but we cannot guarantee that they can be obtained.
Select library guides
- Clerkship Resources - Online cases, review question banks, procedure videos and more
- Clinical Skills – Brush up, or learn new skills useful during clinical rotations
- Copyright – Helpful information, tools, and resources on navigating copyright
- Linking to Library Resources - Create stable, durable links to licensed resources that work from home.
- Multimedia - Interactive cases, streaming videos, animations, atlases, image banks and more
- Telemedicine - Resources for telemedicine/telehealth
- Users Aids and Tutorials – Help using library resources, computers, web conferencing tools, and more
- All RowanSOM Subject Guides – Quality, authoritative resources, tools, and websites selected by librarians.