The policy is written with the intent to preserve library materials, computer equipment, and furnishings, and to maintain a pleasant and clean environment for students, faculty and staff. Since food and beverages can pose a risk to our resources, we ask that you act responsibly when eating or drinking in the libraries.
Cell Phone Use
Turn cell phones off or set to vibrate before entering the library. If you must use a cell phone while in a library, move to one of the following general locations:
- public space away from study areas and other students
- reserved study rooms
- stairwells in the library:
Any person who does not comply with this policy may be asked to leave the library.
Food and Beverages in the Rowan University Libraries
This policy is enforced to limit risk of damage to library materials, computer equipment, and furnishings, as well as to maintain a pleasant and clean environment for patrons and staff. We ask that you act responsibly when eating or drinking in the libraries.
Consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited within Rowan University's libraries. Violaters will be refered to Student Affairs. For more information about Rowan University's Alcohol and Drug Policy, please visit http://www.rowan.edu/studentaffairs/aodguide/.
Permitted in the libraries:
Small, packaged food items are permitted if consumed by a single individual seated at a table or carrel. Beverages in covered containers and water bottles are allowed.
Prohibited in the libraries:
- Messy, aromatic foods such as hoagies, pizza, salads, subs, and soups
- Group food (food that is consumed by more than one person)
- Delivery of food to the library is PROHIBITED. Restaurants in the Glassboro areas will be asked to refrain from accepting orders to be delivered to the library and deliveries will be turned away.
Food or Beverages of any type are PROHIBITED in the following areas of the libraries:
- Archives and Collections, 5th floor, Campbell Library
- Computer Lab, 1st floor, Campbell Library
- Digital Media Center, 3rd floor, Campbell Library
- Electronic Reference, 2nd floor, Campbell Library
- Government Documents, 2nd floor, Campbell Library
- microfilm area, 2nd floor, Campbell Library
- photocopiers or scanner stations
- any other electronic workstations
Official organizations may order food for meetings, per university policy. A Rowan University employee must order the food and assume responsibility for clean-up. Library staff/faculty are permitted to receive delivery orders, which are to be consumed in the staff lunchroom.
For your convenience, trash and recycling containers are located throughout each library. Please use them!
Those refusing to comply with the food policy may be asked to leave the library.