The RowanSOM Health Sciences Library is open to RowanSOM and GSBS students, faculty, and staff at reduced occupancy, and operating under guidelines and directives issued from the Rowan University’s Office of Environmental Health and Safety (REHS) and the State of New Jersey.
The library is rated for an occupancy, socially-spaced capacity of only 60 persons, both patrons and staff. Some of these seats will have an occasional scheduled role to provide proctored SOM exam and quiz space, and at those occasional times our maximum capacity will be less for studying or research. Knowing how to use our e-books, e-journals, and online case libraries will maximize your learning library, so studying at home is still an effective option.
Because the SOM academic year is in full swing we want our library users to be aware of how we need your help to remain open and not be a source of new infections.
- Wear a mask covering your nose and mouth at all times. Carry your own backup supply of masks. The Library does not have a supply of masks to distribute. We do have hand sanitizing stations, and SOM Facilities will fill those dispensers in the morning and can be called if a refill is needed.
- Take your temperature at home before heading directly to the SOM Library
- If you bring a covered beverage to the library, sip and restore your mask to its proper location. To further reduce the risk to fellow students and library staff please do not consume food or snacks in the Library.
- Please wear or be prepared to show your Rowan ID card. Because the entrance doors to the Academic Center are open at times when no security staff are there, and because other Libraries are closed, we will limit access to current Rowan ID holders and pre-authorized partner institutions only.
- The Library is carefully and thoroughly disinfected and cleaned every day before opening. The Library will provide cleaning supplies to any student or faculty that wants to re-clean their desk or seat. The greatest COVID19 risk is close social contact and respiratory droplet transmission by talking, coughing, or sneezing. Washing or sanitizing hands frequently will act against the possibility of touching a surface with droplets.
- The Library will clean reserve materials and study aids when they are returned. The library has obtained a book sanitizing device and books are sanitized in the machine before being reshelved.
- Student group studying in the library cannot realistically take place in our reduced and socially spaced capacity. Most library study rooms are rated for one visitor. The largest rooms are rated for only two distanced visitors. Reservations for study rooms cannot be made at this time. Students will be better off having virtual WebEx or Google Meet, or Zoom group meetings, and one person can share a Library research screen.
- Please send all questions about policies and procedures to the Ask a Librarian page.
Operating hours for the RowanSOM Library will be limited and subject to change. Our hours will be:
- Monday - Thursday, 8 am - 9pm
- Friday, 8am - 5pm
- CLOSED on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day