- Shilpa Rele, Scholarly Communication and Data Curation Librarian, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bret McCandless, Music and Performing Arts Librarian, email@example.com
- Participants will understand the basics of copyright considerations and their role in higher education
- Participants will understand the role the library plays in managing copyright concerns for access to copyrighted materials
- Participants will understand the basics of Fair Use and its application in using licensed or copyrighted materials/e-resources for teaching, learning, and scholarship
This workshop will introduce participants to the basics of copyright.
The focus will be on understanding the basics of copyright for creators and users. We will explore the role of the library in managing use of print materials and licensed electronic resources. The workshop will also briefly introduce participants to key issues related to fair use for teaching, learning and scholarship. A deeper dive will be available in the Fair Use and Instruction workshop. It is intended for informational purposes only and is not legal advice. This workshop is intended for faculty and graduate students.
Skill levels for attendees: Little to no experience