The Rowan-Virtua SOM Health Sciences Library has 26 individual study carrels and over 20 tables. The library can accommodate over 230 users. All of the study carrels and most of the tables have power and lighting.
Four small group study rooms each seating approximately six people are also available. Reservations are required. Only Rowan-Virtua SOM and GSBS students, faculty, and staff are allowed to reserve and utilize the small study rooms.
Reservations are made for a two-hour period on a first-come, first-served basis, and may be extended, based on need. Reservations may be made online, in person or by phone. A reservation will be held for fifteen minutes past the requested time; after this, the room will be made available to the next requester.
Two additional rooms, each with seating for twelve, are also available on a first-come, first-served basis. Student reservations are not taken for these rooms, and preferential access will be given to faculty use for small group teaching.
Quiet Study Areas
A quiet study room adjacent to the service desk is available in the library. Users should turn off (or set to an inaudible signal) all cell phones, pagers, and other devices with audible alarms upon entering. Talking and conversation of any kind is discouraged in this room. These rooms are for individual research and study and cannot be reserved by students. Group study is available in group study rooms.
The Health Sciences Library’s Food and Beverage policy permits the bringing in and consumption of beverages from containers with lids and dry snack food items only. Any other food and beverages are not permitted in the Library. If a utensil is needed to consume the food it is not permitted in the library.
Examples of Acceptable Items:
- Beverage containers with lids, including pop-top cans. Lids should be kept on bottles and containers except when drinking.
- Individual “snack size” containers of chips, cookies, candy, and other snack foods; small amounts of finger foods (e.g., pretzels, chips, dried fruits and nuts); candy bars, granola bars, muffins), power bars, etc.; and other non-messy, non-smelly individual snack foods.
Examples of Unacceptable Items:
- Beverage containers without lids, such as open topped coffee mugs, disposable coffee cups without lids, and soda cups without lids.
- Food items such as hot entrees, burgers, French fries, pizza, noodles, subs/hoagies, sandwiches, wraps, burritos, tacos, salads, soup, and other hot ,fragrant or messy items.
- Any wet or smelly type food items such as yogurt, fruits, oatmeal, hummus, or cheeses.
Please adhere to this policy for the benefit of all those using the Rowan-Virtua SOM Health Sciences Library.