For assistance, please contact us at:
Finding and Requesting Books
Check Library Search to see if any Rowan library has the book you want.
If it isn’t available, you can submit a request through ILLiad.
Items not usually loaned by other institutions:
- Reference materials
- Rare, valuable or irreplaceable materials
- Material in high demand (i.e. newly published books)
- Media (i.e. DVDs or CDs)
Finding and Requesting Articles
If you know the article’s title
- Search one of the library's electronic databases.
- Look for the button to see options for obtaining the article.
- If full text is not available through Rowan Libraries select "Submit a Request to RowanSOM".
If you know the journal’s title
What is Illiad?
ILLiad is the Interlibrary Loan Internet Accessible Database. ILLiad users can:
- Request materials 24 hours a day
- View and track current and past requests
- Import citations from online databases
Submitting a Request
- Log into your ILLiad account.
- Select “New Request” in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select the request type. Include as much information as possible.
- Select “Submit Request.”
Receiving Articles Electronically
- Under “View,” select “Electronically Received Articles.”
- Select your article.
Renewing a Request
- Go to “Checked Out” items on the left-hand menu.
- Select the material you want to renew.
- If the option to renew is missing, renewals may not be allowed by the lending library.